Remote Hands service delivers consistent operational, logistics and engineering support to our customers, including physical installation and configuration of equipment, maintenance support and technical assistance.
Our Remote Hands engineers are trained in the latest technologies and available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year to provide both pre-scheduled and rapid-response support, as well as installation or maintenance work on any equipment located in our data centers.
Our on-site staff is familiar with the data centers’ environment, so they can be a more cost-effective alternative to using own or third-party resources, and able to address your needs more quickly.
Remote Hands service is a first level support and includes works such as:
- equipment power cycle
- monitoring of the equipment operation and back up services
- visual inspection of hardware, including status indicators
- relocate a patch cord, remove/insert storage media
- pick-up storage media and delivery to an authorized person
The Remote Hands service is offered as:
Remote Hands Incident
Provides up to half an hour Remote Hands support per incident with a maximum of 30 minutes response time.
Remote Hands Package
Provides a pre-agreed number of Remote Hands Incidents per month at a competitive price rate. This option can only be part of an ongoing contract.
Our qualified technical staff is onsite and capable to provide a set of installation services that will save you time, cost and worries.
Our experienced engineers will:
- Install and connect hardware providing full documentation
- Carry out startup procedures for equipment
- Execute post installation verification tests
- Assist the customer to connect remotely and assume the management of equipment
In addition, our InHellix Ecosystem partners offer an extensive list of specialised installation services
Onsite Storage Media Vault
Our Onsite Storage Media Vault is located within our data center facility and it is designed for short and long term storage and preservation of magnetic media in a secure, climatically controlled environment with extended levels of security and fire protection.
The service provides:
- Daily replacement of tapes from our customer’s tape drive or library, according to our customer’s instructions and policies.
- Storage of the removed tapes in our in-house Storage Media Vault.
- Maintenance of the media stored, according to environmental standards.
- Customer can access the media on a 24x7 basis.
The Media Storage Vault is located in a different fire compartment offering electromagnetic protection and is equipped with:
- Closed control television system (CCTV).
- Multiple levels of security while the entrance is allowed only to authorized personnel.
- Protected by security officers and supported by operations personnel around the clock.
Offsite Storage Media Vault
The service includes the delivery and safekeeping of media storage in a specialised Storage Media Vault facility located approximately 40km away from our data center campus.
The Service guarantees:
- Secure transportation of the media from our data centers to the vault.
- Storing of media in a specialised vault.
- Secure and reliable management of the media, with regular reports.
- Customer support on a 24x7x365 basis.
- Procedures that can be aligned with customer’s Business Continuity practices.
The Vault Building
The Vault is constructed according to U.S. NARA standard and is protected against reflection of electromagnetic radiation, while entrance is prohibited to users carrying mobile devices.
As for the physical security, the building is equipped with:
- Two levels of access control (reader and biometric).
- Closed Circuit Television (CCTV) system.
- Supervised by security patrol.
The vault is certified with ISO 9000:2008 for quality management system and with ISO 27001:2013 for information security management.
Equipment Handling & Inventory
Data centers are living, evolving organisms that need constant catering and attention; tasks sometimes can be challenging because they require a significant investment of time and resources.
Our Handling and Inventory service helps our customers diminish the time they spend to time-consuming but still necessary tasks such as:
- Loading and unloading equipment
- Storing or shipping of equipment
- Issue of documents required by tax authorities
- Handling of paperwork
As part of the service we offer space in our storage area where our customers can store their hardware until the time they install it or ship it to another facility.